Which term is used to describe an overhand rope throw used for catching a horse?
E. Bronc Twister
77. Which famous westerner did composer Copland feature in one of his ballets?
B. Davy Crockett
C. Chief Joseph
D. Billy the Kid
78. What does western artist, Bruce Greene, frequently
make the focus of his work?
79. Who starred in the 1930 film,
"Billy the Kid a.k.a. The Highwayman Rides"?
A. Ronald Reagan
B. Johnny Mack Brown
C. John Wayne
D. William S.
80. What distinguished the 25th Infantry Regiment of African-American soldiers in Missoula, Montana?
A. They captured Chief Joseph.
B. They repelled a Canadian attack in 1863.
They survived the Battle at Little Big Horn.
D. They were
a bicycle-mounted unit.
81. What was Polly Bemis’s ethnic background?
82. Jim Beckwourth was a:
A. cowhand for Charlie Goodnight
B. member of the Hole in the Wall Gang
African-American mountain man
D. member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition
what age did clothing manufacturer Manuel begin sewing?
84. In Southwest jewelry,
which type of turquoise has been rarest and most valued?
A. green turquoise
B. blue turquoise
C. web matrix turquoise
Who loved Lillie Langtry?
A. Judge Roy Bean
C. George Armstrong Custer
D. Ronald Reagan
86. Dwight Yoakam wore a Manuel jacket on the cover of which
A. Under the Covers
B. If There Was a Way
C. Just Lookin' For a Hit
87. Who died at Sand Creek, Colorado?
B. Chief Joseph
C. Wyatt Earp
D. Chief Black Kettle
In 1899 what was pictured on the Hawaiian $50 bill?
A. Vaqueros on horses lassoing cattle
B. King Kamehameha giving
cattle to the islanders
C. Vaqueros dressed in panchos and spurs
D. Longhorn cattle with Maunakea in the distance
Where was the outlaw Sam Bass killed?
A. Northfield, Minnesota
Sand Creek, Colorado
C. Deadwood, South
D. Round Rock, Texas
Western Pulp writer penned the verse "Pullin' Leather" in 1939 for Western Story Magazine?
A. Will Cook
B. Gregory Jackson
S. Omar Barker
D. Kenneth L. Sinclair
91. Which country has four or five turquoise producing regions that are still
extracting huge quantities?
What is Gene Autry's birthplace?
A. Tioga, Texas
C. Los Angeles,
D. Autryville, North Carolina
93. Who is the author of a diary that states that Davy Crockett surrendered
and was executed and this did not die fighting at the Alamo?
Jesus Enrique de la Pena
B. John Wayne
C. Stonewall Jackson
D. Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna
94. Which of the
following symbols at one time meant good fortune and happy trails to the cowboy?
crossA. a horse that is always feeling fresh and ready
95. What does the term "dally" refer to?
B. to quickly
wrap a rope around a saddle horn after catching an animal
C. the second wagon that carried overflow from the chuck wagon
the four-man, two-hour shifts that trial hands road from sundown to sunup
96. The book Roundup Years treats
ranch history in which state?
B. South Dakota
97. For what is Josiah Belden best known?
98. Which state does Highway 83 NOT pass through?
99. Who was the ex-slave who became known as "Stagecoach Mary"?
A. Mary Fields
B. Mary Cassidy
C. Mary Cannary
D. Mary Jone
100. Near which town did Outlaw Sam Bass met his end?
A. Roundrock, TX
C. Ft. Smith, AK
D. Dodge City, KS