1. A Dog looks up to a man, A cat looks down on a
But a patient horse looks a man in the eye and sees him as an equal.
2. A woman needs two animals: The horse of
her dreams and a husband to pay for it.
3. Poverty is another word for owning a horse...
4. A little horseplay... the
way best to enjoy a summer day!
5. If every child had a horse, what's the point a getting a car?
6. Cowgirl: A better-looking
cowboy with brains.
7. Life is short!! Hug your horse!!
8. When in doubt, ask a horse.
9. When riding my horse I
no longer have my heart in my chest, but between my knees.
10. What program do horses watch? - Neigh-bours.
does much for the horse, but encouragement does more.
12. A horse is an angel without wings
13. I whisper to my horse,
but he never listens!
14. My other car is a horse.
15. Just because you can jump a fence going north doesn't mean you
can jump in going south.
16. A good rider can hear his horse speak to him.
A great rider can hear his horse whisper.
a bad rider won't hear his horse even if it screams at him!
17. A boy is a long time before he knows his alphabet, longer
before he has learned to spell, and perhaps several years before he can read distinctly; and yet there are some people who,
as soon a they get on a young horse, entirely undressed and untaught, fancy that by beating and spurring they will make him
a dressed horse in one morning only. I would fain ask such stupid people whether by beating a boy they would teach him to
read without first showing him the alphabet? Sure they would beat him to death before they would make him read.
from The Man Who Listens to Horses - Original source unknown.
18. You never get the pleasure of owning a horse, you only
have the pleasure of being its slave.
19. Grooming: the process by which the dirt on the horse is transferred to the groom.
You can love horse and ride it and a horse can love you and squash you.
21. Some are slaves on the ground but are free
on a horse.
22. Nothing moves me more than when on the way to fetching in my mare in the morning than the sound of her
neighing to me as i open the gate.
23. The Joy of horses is not the riding, jumping, racing, showing, or grooming, but
24. The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...If you never love a
horse, you will never understand.
25. A mule is just like horse, but even more so.
- Pat Parelli
26. A horse doesn't
care how much you know until he knows how much you care.
- Pat Parelli
27. A horse is like a best friend. They`re always
there to nuzzle you and make your life a better place.
28. The hardest thing about learning to ride is the ground!
My horse is security conscience... he always likes to bolt the stable door when I leave.
31. My horse is very quick. Sometimes
he's so quick he leaves me behind.
32. I live in a house but my home is in the stable.
33. ...virtue shall be bound
into the hair of thy forelock... I have given thee the power of flight without wings.
- The Koran
34. There on the tips
of fair fresh flowers feedeth he; How joyous is his neigh, there in the midst of sacred pollen hidden all hidden he; how joyous
is his neigh
- Navajo Song
35. By reason of his elegance, he resembles an image painted in a palace, though he is as
majestic as the palace itself.
- Emir Abd-el-Kader
36. A polo handicap is a persons ticket to the world.
- Sir Winston
37. Horses are the dolphins of the plains, the spirits of the wind; yet we sit astride them for the sake of being
well-groomed, whereas they could have all the desire in the world to bolt, but instead, they adjust their speed and grace,
only to please us, never to displease.
- Lauren Salerno
38. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't stop him
pulling you away!!!
39. A man of kindness to his horse, is kind
But brutal actions show a brutal mind.
He was designed
thy servant, not thy drudge.
Remember his creator is thy judge.
40. Horse... If God made anything more beautiful he
kept it for himself!
41. Attributed to Lady Thornicroft after the hunt. when a saboteur asked her why the horse was so
hot and sweated up; "If I had you between my legs for two and a half hours you dear sir, you would be equally as hot and sweaty."
If a horse stands on you its because your in the way.
43. How to ride a horse:
Step One - Mount the horse.
- Stay mounted ...
44. A stubborn horse walks behind you, an impatient horse walks in front of you, but a noble companion
walks beside you.
45. When your horse follows you with out being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look
at him and feel a tingle down your spine you know you are loved...do you love him back?
46. A western horse has guts and
commitment, an english horse has grace and elegance, but my horse has it all!
47. A polo pony is like a motorbike with
a mind of its own weighing half a ton.
48. Been There... Jumped That!
49. There are only two emotions that belong in
the saddle; one is a sense of humour and the other is patience.
- John Lyons
50. When in doubt, leave one stride out!